Voter ID Card is one of the essential identity proof for the Indian citizens.A voter id card can be taken by the citizens who are 18 years old or above.This card is very much important,for suppose if you want to vote for your desired political party in elections,you can vote only if you a voter id card.Otherwise you will be not able to give the vote and not allowed to enter into the elections booth.Besides that if you want to open a bank account,you will be asked by the bank people to provide a identity proof,at that time you can give a copy of voter id.
Keeping this in view,Election Commission of India(ECI) taken necessary steps to provide service for the citizens of applying for voter id card online.To get this voter id,first you have to register yourself online on the website of ECI or respective region.The official website of ECI is www.eci.nic.in and if you are a citizen of Andhra Pradesh,to get a voter id card you have to fill Form 6 on the website of CEO Andhra.And if you are a resident of Delhi then,you have to fill the online application form number 6 on the website of CEO Delhi : www.ceodehli.nic.in or www.ceodelhi.gov.in
You can even apply for apply for voter id card online and offline by visiting the nearest government service center.And fill the application form provided there.Once personal and address verification is done,voter id card will be issued on your name.This card can used as a supporting document for many purposes.So,every Indian citizen who are 18 years older are advised to apply for voter id card.
Lets us give details about how to apply for voter id card online of Delhi Residents through CEO Delhi website with Form 6 and Form 8.
Documents Necessary to fill CEODelhi Form 6
- Address proof like telephone bill,electricity bill,LPG bill,Passport,PAN Card,aadhar card.
- Identity proof like college id card/university id card.
- Now visit the website : www.ceodelhi.nic.in or ceodelhi.gov.in
- Or follow the link here : http://www.ceodelhi.gov.in/OnlineErms/login.aspx
- Now signup and fill the application form available there for the new voter id card registration.
- You will be asked to upload your passport size photograph and digital signature.
- Then personal and residence verification will be done.
- Once everything is completed,voter id will be sent to the residence address.